Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Public transport.

A slight exageration, but familiar!

Public transit is pretty terrible in my town. The bus itself is a sardine can with one exit at the front. On days when it's exceptionally full you might have to stand, which is an impossible task. The bus driver drives like a maniac! They're one of those people that learned how to drive on a farm or something. I almost fell out of my seat when the driver guns it down public streets! Then, the driver screeches to a halt at every stop, hurling people forward.

Now, you're probably saying it's a lot of fun already, but there's more. The driver felt obligated to make a prodding remark about a passenger after they left. I'm tired of people doing that! What this motivates this guy to mouth off? It makes me paranoid that someone might say something about myself!

What a character. Next, I exit the folding doors and driver feels motivated to do is close the doors before I fully make my exit. Ouch! The door hits my elbow. Great. We really need a subway here.

Respectfully,

Jarrett

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!! Gosh, I am still laughing!

    "... driver guns it down public streets!": LOL

    I remember that soemtimes, here, the door never gets opened even if someone already pressed the STOP button in advance of a stop. Passengers sometimes have to yell at the driver which brings him to his senses he should open the goddamn door! Some giggle, some get irritated!

    Humourous way to look at things that are difficult makes them way easy to deal with. :)
    Good one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to imagine the worse picture in my head from the kind of situation you described and this image popped up:
    http://pixdaus.com/pics/1210707148mY6R9yj.jpg

    One of my favourites from internet! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Humour is the best medicine! I love that picture you found! LOL at least those guys are in the open air!

    I must attach that picture to my post!

    ReplyDelete