Monday, May 17, 2010

The striped shirt.

Striped Shirt - photo rotoscoped in gimp

I like my striped shirt. Why? Well, I guess it's because I bought it for under two dollars at the salvation army shop. It's a good shirt, nice and airy. I must have bought it about five years ago, for retro day in grade eight. I was being an 80's Marty Mcfly character. Wore a vest and my mom's jeans and everything. I don't remember a reaction to my get-up from the other students, I doubt they cared at all. Aside from a few teachers laughing at me, that was about it.

Damn, I like this stupid shirt. It's one of my few button up ones. It's not even an 80's type shirt, to be honest. It's an older brand, Premiere Collection. It looks like a forty year old, young Bob Dylan type shirt. It looks better tucked in blue jeans, but nobody tucks their shirts in anymore. That's why I like it.

Jarrett

3 comments:

  1. Four years ago, you were at an elementary school? How old are you?

    The photo is nice. Until I read the detail below it, I thought of it as a sketch made with a fine tip gel-pen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops. I mean five years ago. It was grade 8, we have no middle schools in Manitoba. I'm only seventeen, but more mature than my peers haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. tucking the shirt in is key, especially in 80s plaid :P is it blue too? haha

    ReplyDelete