Monday, June 14, 2010

Street panormama: Voyage in inner space

Van disappearing : 3 photos autostitched, added DOF

While taking one of my many voyages in inner space, I snapped three photos of a street in the middle of the meridian. I had to wait to get the approaching van behind me in my shot. I wanted to accomplish a ghost car effect that I've seen achieved before in autostitch. So, being industrious as I am, waited patiently to snap the third and last photo in the sequence.

I was lucky. I had the van positioned in the exact place I had wanted it. So that it's partly disappearing, just partly. Sort of a Back to The Future like thing with the van just starting to fade. Like it's heading into another dimension. And in light of the BP disaster, I think that's where we should banish our oil guzzling minivans. Why can't everyone take voyages in inner space like myself?

Jarrett

Large version here
Created with autostitch

No comments:

Post a Comment